Thursday, November 18, 2010

.......

MC Illustration/ Le New Yorker Gala


First of all I want to apologize for not writing that much the past  couple of weeks, but I was super busy.

As many of you might know, November is the month of my birthday, so this year went BIG by having an early celebration in East Texas and then as a present to myself went to NYC for the first time to continue with the Fiesta.

For the party in East Texas, I came up with this invitation. Following the Art Deco principles, playing with the structure of the canvas and the colors, this was the final result.

I chose Art deco as my movement of inspiration, since most of the graphics created during that time where inspired by fashion and by the Big Apple. Top Magazines like Vogue, The New Yorker, have tons of covers with the influence of this design movement.

I'm beyond happy with the final product, the balance, the contrast and the forms all make a fantastic affiche.

MC
Not only a pretty face

1 comment:

  1. miralooo, a pesar de tanta fiesta sigue diseñando, jajajaja... que gusto me da! un cartel increible, felicitaciones Jorge! :D

    ReplyDelete